% Change: +.19%
Support 2: 3280
Support 3: 3260
Resistance 1: 3350
Resistance 2: 3374
Resistance 3: 33404
- CREDIT Suisse now believes Singapore's central bank will ease monetary policy in April, considering the weaker inflation outlook and subdued GDP (gross domestic product) growth prospects.
- Global oil prices extended their slide weighed by weakening demand in Europe and Asia, while refineries in Philadelphia and Ohio were hit hard by fires over the weekend, curtailing demand for crude in the U.S.
- A sudden new-year jump in Singapore interest rates threatens to push up mortgage costs and steepen a slide in home prices.The three-month Singapore interbank offered rate, against which most home loans are benchmarked, has risen 18 basis points to 0.6392% this year to the highest since April 2010, driven by a stronger US dollar and new liquidity requirements for Singapore banks.
- Business optimism in Singapore tumbled to near-contractionary levels in Q1 2015, amid mounting concerns over an intensification of global political headwinds and softer regional demand in the external-oriented sector.
- Mobile telecommunication services provider Edition is looking to engage in financial services business in China.
- OLAM International said that it has agreed to sell wool broker Western Wool Marketing to Quality Wool, marking the Singapore commodities group's exit from its niche Australian wool business.